Frequently asked questions
Have a read through some of the most commonly asked questions below. If you have any other questions before choosing to attend our event, please get in touch.
When & where are the two day events held?
Our Foundation Events take place in our carefully selected London venues, every weekend (and sometimes on a Tuesday/Wednesday too!) from 09:30 to 17:30 and we run them out of London every 2-3 months. Including:
- Bristol (Twice a year)
- Oxford (Twice a year)
All our events are advertised up to 6 weeks in advance.
Why should I attend the two day event?
So why spend two days of your time with us finding out about Coaching? The purpose of the two-days of training is so that you can:
- Find out what coaching is and what it isn't
- Learn a range of useful coaching skills
- Decide if coaching is right for you or not (it's not for everybody)
- Take us for a test drive - see if we are the right training provider for you
And so that we can:
- Show you who we are and how we do what we do (like a University Open Day)
- Raise awareness of the Coaching Industry and Coaching as an intervention
- Decide if you have the potential to be a student of The Coaching Academy or not
People attend our Foundation in Life Coaching Event to investigate opportunities for:
- A full time career as a professional coach
- A part-time income running a coaching business
- Enhancing their current career using coaching skills
- Continual Personal and Professional Development.
At the end of the 2 Days you can make an informed decision as to whether to make an application to train with The Coaching Academy or not and we can then ensure that we are right for you, and you are right for us.
What are the diploma enrolment fees, bursary funding and payment plan options?
Try us out first completely FREE for 2-days and sample the high level of training provided by The Coaching Academy.
Should you wish to apply to enrol on a Diploma programme, our fees are simple and easy to understand. Each Diploma has an enrolment fee of £3,997 + vat. This fee applies to:
- The Personal Performance Diploma - this is the Diploma that teaches how to be a great coach
- The Small Business Diploma
- The Corporate & Executive Diploma
- The NLP practitioner programme
Following the 2 day foundation course, if you are looking to enrol on one of our diplomas and are paying yourself (i.e. it's not being paid for by your employer) then you are eligible to apply for a bursary. We typically award 5-10 bursaries per free event. Application consists of completing a short form, followed by telephone interview with one of our team to assess if we'd make a good fit and gauge your passion for coaching. These bursaries are not means tested, and can be awarded to anyone.
Bursary awards are generally around £1000 per diploma, although this does vary a little.
Some people may need to spread their enrolment fee over a period of time. We offer tailored, interest free payment plans to successful applicants however, these cannot be guaranteed until we have spoken directly to you.
Why do we offer it?
The Coaching Academy are very aware that for some people, funding frustration can prevent potentially great coaches from developing the skills required to break free and open up new possibilities through the acquisition of coaching skills.