An Introduction to HeartMath®
CPD for Coaches Programme One-Day Workshop
HeartMath® is known worldwide for its success in the areas of increased performance, leadership effectiveness, and stress reduction. It is a unique system grounded in leading-edge science, which utilises practical techniques, biofeedback technology and the combined intelligence of the human heart and mind.
This one-day introductory workshop is designed to introduce coaches to the HeartMath System. It will present the latest research on the physiology of stress and performance and will teach delegates HeartMath’s core tools and technology to be able to successfully manage stress and improve personal performance. Participants leave the program with simple and practical tools that can be used in real-time and with personal experience to validate their effectiveness.
This day is relevant to anyone with a specific interest in managing stress and performing under pressure. It has particular appeal to those who are practicing coaches as well as those who are training in the profession.
Introducing these resilience-building tools will prove extremely valuable for all coaches.
Delegates attending the Introduction to HeartMath day will:
- Understand the physiology of stress and performance, and learn how to prevent stress before it happens
- Understand the underpinning science of the HeartMath system of tools and technologies
- Increase performance, emotional clarity and resilience with scientifically proven methods that will enable you to see through problems in a calm and effective manner, while creating a greater sense of wellbeing
- Build capacity to be flexible in the face of change and prepare for challenging situations
- How to be less reactive, think more clearly and make good decisions under pressure
- Discover a new physiological and emotional baseline for increased health, wellbeing and effectiveness
- Learn how to improve emotion regulation and awareness and expand your coping skills through the use of bio-feedback technology
Format for the day
The course is designed to be a full day with a high degree of interaction. The day incorporates a combination of teaching the tools and techniques as well as individual and group exercises to help delegates build experience and practical knowledge.
The day is supported by a workbook incorporating core content and a variety of exercises.
Who is your trainer?
Anna Hemmings MBE is a performance coach, an acclaimed motivational speaker and a master HeartMath trainer. She may however be best known as Britain’s most successful female canoeist - a two time Olympian and 6 times World Champion. Anna is passionate about helping others overcome their own barriers and getting the best out of themselves and is adept at translating the lessons that she learned in sport into other walks of life.
Code of practice/regulation/standards involvement
HeartMath® is a licensed product regulated by HeartMath LLC USA. All group training must be delivered by a HeartMath licensee. This workshop will be run under the license of Beyond the Barriers Ltd who are an area licensee for HeartMath in the UK.
For further information on our CPD for Coaches Programme and to register for this course, please speak to our Course Advisor on 0208 4399 440.