Code of Conduct & Ethics
All staff, trainers, students, graduates, associates and members of The Coaching Academy must agree to follow the Code of Professional Conduct (The Code). Alleged breaches of The Code will be fully investigated by The Coaching Academy and, if proven, may lead to the expulsion of the Coach and the withdrawal, without compensation, of all and any rights previously bestowed by virtue of that individual's connection with The Coaching Academy.
All staff, trainers, students, graduates, associates and members of The Coaching Academy agree to:
- Always conduct themselves to the highest levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility.
- Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals.
- Respect the commercial confidentiality of The Coaching Academy by not divulging business information to any third parties.
- Maintain the good reputation of the coaching profession in general and The Coaching Academy in particular.
- Comply with both the spirit and the letter of any commercial agreements made with clients, potential clients, professional colleagues and The Coaching Academy.
- Make commercial agreements with clients and potential clients that are fair and will respect all parties to such agreements.
- Represent true levels of status, title, competence and experience in order not to mislead, misrepresent or defraud.
- Clearly state to clients and potential clients the terms of any commercial agreement including the expectations of both parties.
- Make no claims or implications of outcomes that cannot be demonstrated or guaranteed.
- Obtain written permission from any client or potential client before releasing their names as referees.
- Respect the absolute rights of the client's confidentiality except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law.
- Recommend different coaches or resources when these will be more appropriate to the client's needs.
- Avoid all conflicts of interest and give notice of such potential conflicts to The Coaching Academy. Advise both The Coaching Academy and the client on the risk of conflict if a relationship moves beyond a coach/client situation (For example a personal or business relationship).
- Refrain from offering professional information or advice that you know to be confidential, misleading or where the accuracy is beyond your competence to assess.
- Endeavour to enhance public understanding and acceptance of professional coaching.
- Share skills and experience with fellow members and associates of The Coaching Academy to further increase the body of knowledge, skills and competencies of such parties.
- Respect all copyrights, agreements, work, intellectual property and trademarks and comply with all laws covering such areas.
- Use the tuition, definitions and works provided by The Coaching Academy as the basis for all coaching procedures, practices and objectives.
- Avoid coaching minors (people who have not yet had their 18th birthday) without the express written consent of parent, guardian or teacher as appropriate.
- Contact The Coaching Academy immediately if you find yourself in a situation which may create conflict, litigation or bad publicity.
- Comply with all laws and by-laws of the UK and, if coaching clients based abroad, with the laws of the clients' country.
- Ensure that all advertisements and promotional materials, whether verbal or written, are legal, decent, truthful, honest and in compliance with the requirements of the UK Advertising Standards Authority.
- Make a copy of this Code freely available to clients if they request it.